Ok, so this lump of dough with cheese on it barely resembles pizza. I know. I had a bit of a snafu when I was trying to transfer my pizza from the pizza peel to the stone. I needed about a thousand more times cornmeal than I used! Between Kenny and I we were able to get it off and onto the stone, but this is what it ended up looking like. It was just so hilarious that I had to take a picture. I also think that I made enough dough for two pizzas because that dough was as thick as a loaf of bread. I will say, the flavor was wonderful and I will certainly try again at homemade pizza. I am attempting to cook more from scratch these days (being recently influenced by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution) and I am sure this is just the beginning of my many hiccups along the way. Thankfully I have a forgiving husband!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
my first pizza!
Ok, so this lump of dough with cheese on it barely resembles pizza. I know. I had a bit of a snafu when I was trying to transfer my pizza from the pizza peel to the stone. I needed about a thousand more times cornmeal than I used! Between Kenny and I we were able to get it off and onto the stone, but this is what it ended up looking like. It was just so hilarious that I had to take a picture. I also think that I made enough dough for two pizzas because that dough was as thick as a loaf of bread. I will say, the flavor was wonderful and I will certainly try again at homemade pizza. I am attempting to cook more from scratch these days (being recently influenced by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution) and I am sure this is just the beginning of my many hiccups along the way. Thankfully I have a forgiving husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Dad would love to try your pizza so put it on the menu for next week! :)
Post a Comment