Monday, November 7, 2011

apple dumplings


Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to bake!  My friend Sarah gave me some fresh apples and I felt like I couldn't just eat them plain.  So, with some guidance from my brother-in-law Danny, I made these delicious dumplings all by myself!!  And boy were they so good.  I even made the dough from scratch. (It really is easy)  Danny and I both felt sick afterwards from eating a whole dumpling when we weren't even that hungry to begin with.  We just couldn't stop ourselves.  Kenny was smart and only ate a half which is the portion I would recommend for 10:00pm at night =)
Here's the link to the dumpling recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/old-fashioned-apple-dumplings/detail.aspx 

3 comments:

kristin said...

yum!!! wish i had been there! I'd have graciously offered to help you portion control!

Julie said...

not as fun as pics of oliver, but a close second! okay, this might be the first thing i bake in my new oven. :)

Andrew and Elizabeth said...

Southern Living has Pear Dumplings that look similar. Awesome job...I already wanted to try that...mmm apples and pears!