Wednesday, February 15, 2012

full setup

Here's Owen with his full drum setup, along with his guitar, bass guitar, and pedalboard.  And yes, he does have an actual drum set in his room, but he prefers to set things up in the living room.  And he prefers the grill, trashcan, and hamburger buns to the real thing.  He is hilarious.  I absolutely LOVE this age.  Yes, some days are hard, but he is such a joy, and I am trying to treasure every moment.

Here are some specific things that make me smile about Owen these days:

~ I love how he immediately asks his daddy when he gets off work, "wanna wrestle on the big big bed??"
~ I love how he sings "five little monkeys" to Oliver when Oliver is crying. (it really is Oliver's favorite song)
~ I love how every night before bed (and if he wakes up in the middle) he asks me to pray for him and sing "all through the night".
~ I love how he is starting to talk to Jesus without my prompting.
~ I love how he stopped himself the other day after fussing at Oliver to not touch his toys and said, "I have a bad attitude.  Maybe I ask Jesus to help me have a thankful heart."
~ I love how I walked into the kitchen tonight and he had put a tupperware bowl on Oliver's head and he said, "Mommy! I put a hat on Oliver!"
~ I love how he always says, "I forgive you mommy" when I confess to him my lack of patience or selfishness.
~ I love how he randomly comes up to Kenny and I and hugs us tight and says that he loves us.
~ I love how he gets so proud of himself for helping.  I try to thank him often and its obvious that he takes pride in saying, "your welcome mom!"
~ I love how much we laugh together every single day.
~ I love how he adores his daddy and is constantly playing music or singing songs.
ok, this list could go on and on....
let me just quick note some of my favorite words that he mispronounces =)
fanking....(spanking)
add-so-loopy.....(absolutely)
nermous....(nervous)
sauce.......(saw, as in the tool)
bandana.....(banana)
castle doosa......(cash register)
newseum.......(museum)
ah-vi-ver.......(Oliver)
new-news.....(noodles)
And, my current favorite phrase when things don't go his way..."that's a bad bummer!"


2 comments:

Julie said...

This is an amazing post sis! I love how you say all the things you enjoy; reminds me to take notice and be grateful for Judah and Amie's stages too.

What a sweet-hearted boy! He's a keeper! :)

Andrew and Elizabeth said...

It is so sweet to hear about such a young child talking to Jesus without you asking. I love everything you are thankful for, it makes me so excited for a family one day. Y'all are such a sweet family.