We received some really hard news today that Owen has craniosynostosis and will have to have surgery in the next week or two. It has all happened pretty suddenly (our pediatrician noticed a symptom on Tuesday at Owen's appointment) but we are praising God for giving our doctor wisdom in asking us to go get x-rays. This whole thing is going to be really difficult; however, we are so thankful that it was caught early and it can be treated. The doctor has assured us that the procedure really is not difficult for doctors and that Owen will be fine. But of course, as you can imagine, we are still nervous about it all taking place and how we will cope with his recovery. Here's a link for anyone who wants to know more: http://mayoclinic.com/health/craniosynostosis/DS00959
We would love your prayers and we will keep you all updated.
6 comments:
Shari & Kenny,
I will definitely be lifting you and your sweet Owen up to the Father over the next couple of weeks. Please, please, let me know if you need anything.
Love you all,
Evangeline
oh, shari & kenny! i cannot imagine how difficult that must be for you. oliver and i will be praying for you three. praise the Lord that your pediatrician caught that symptom! we would be happy to fix some meals or help in any way we can as you go through this difficult time. much love!
Kenny & Shari,
I heard about this yesterday from my parents. I am lifting up Owen as well as you two in prayers. God is holding that beautiful boy in his hands and will watch over him with fierce might as he goes through the surgery.
I love you both and wish I could be there with you during this time.
-Lindz
Kenny & Shari,
I heard about this yesterday from my parents. I am lifting up Owen as well as you two in prayers. God is holding that beautiful boy in his hands and will watch over him with fierce might as he goes through the surgery.
I love you both and wish I could be there with you during this time.
-Lindz
Shari and Kenny, We are praying for Owen. He is safe in the Lord's loving care. God is faithful. He will help you through this.
"The Lord bless you and keep you...and give you peace." Numbers 6:24,26
You are all in our prayers.
Love,
Sondra
Thank you all so much for praying. The Lord has really given us a peace about everything. We are still waiting to hear about when our appointment is with the neurosurgeon, but we will keep you guys updated. Love you all.
Shari
Post a Comment