Today was a big day for Owen. He got his doc band! Well, let's just say he doesn't hate it, and he doesn't love it. For the next few days, we will be taking it off every 3-4 hours to check for any redness on his head. As soon as his skin gets used to the band (probably by tomorrow night), he will wear the band 23 out of 24 hours a day. We have to take it off for an hour a day to clean the band and to clean Owen's head. The band will help his head to grow into its correct shape over the next 2-3 months. It is pretty amazing how they used a digital image to create the perfect band for his head. Our next appointment is next Wednesday....more updates then!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, he is the cutest helmet wearer ever! He should be on the cover of the calendar, if you ask me.
He looks great. Shari, I need a favor. I need to to occasionally show him a picture of me and tell him my name. I need him to be familiar with my face for my next visit.
How cute is he!?! I had to put his little picture on my cell phone and show everyone :)
Post a Comment