Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cranial Tech #10

(These pictures are courtesy of my awesome sister-in-law, Julie, who rode with me yesterday!)
Feeding Owen on the way to Charlotte. This is the cheesy smile he gave his Aunt Jules the whole trip.

"Oh hello! Would you like to come in?" -owen


This is me holding Owen's "head on a stick" as the professionals call it. They formed this block of wood in the exact shape of Owen's head from the digital picture that they took. Then they made the helmet from this mold. Our therapist uses this each week to assess Owen's progress. We got great news yesterday that Owen will only have to wear the helmet for two more weeks!!! Praise the Lord that his head has molded just as it should and that he won't have to wear it through the hot summer! He has also figured out how to take it off himself so I'd say he is over the whole helmet thing too. Our next appointment is April 19th and they will take final pictures then so I will be sure to post them!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sis, I LOVED my date with you and Owen. It was one of those sweet, sweet memories I will treasure when I am living far away from you.

mom said...

Yay! No more helmet! Even though he looks soooo cute in it, I'll be anxious to see pictures of that sweet little head and that fuzzy hair without it! And I love that cheesy smile! Praise the Lord for quick healing!!

Anonymous said...

he looks so different in the non-helmet picture... quite a cutie!! :) -Steph C