On a recent trip to CVS.....
how much I would have spent without coupons: $52.68
out of pocket expense after coupons: $4.41
left over ECB's (will explain later): $9.00
There have been some inquiries about this whole couponing business that I am into, so.....this will be the first of a few blog posts about how the whole thing works. Mostly, I want to redirect you to southernsavers.com if you want to know the details about specific store coupon policies and where to get coupons. She has some great "getting started guides". This lady is a genius, I'm serious. She, and others like her, make it soooo much easier for the rest of us when trying to save money.
Here are some main ideas about the process:
1) What these websites do, my favorite being Southern Savers, is give you a list of what items are on sale each week at various stores and match coupons with those items to get them even cheaper.
2) The idea is that you do not make a list each week of the groceries that you need and go buy them....you need to buy items when they are at their cheapest price and stock up so that you are never buying full price for any item.
3) The point is to build a stockpile of items so that you will have what you need to make most meals and will need to just pick up the fresh items each week.
next blog post - "frequently asked questions" (feel free to leave a comment with a question if you have one!)
3 comments:
i see you finally got some paper towels...live it up ;)
per our conversation, i wanted to submit a question for you for your frequently asked questions post: do you really feel like you're getting all the items you need, need (for meals, etc.) with couponing? and do you feel as though you're winding up getting suckered into buying a lot of things you don't need need in order to make couponing work?
This may sound like a stupid question but ... Is the website (southernsavers)only for those living in the south? I'll check the website out myself at a later time. And I know you said you'll explain ECB's later, but is that the same thing that CVS has?
Post a Comment