Saturday, January 7, 2012

hoboken style

We were in PA for Christmas this year and Kenny was nice enough to fulfill my dream of visiting the famous Carlo's Bakery from the popular show, Cake Boss. (even though it was about 3 hours further from where my family lives)  And let me tell you...it was totally worth it!!!  We bought pastries and two different chocolate cakes and everything was AMAZING! 

We stopped at this hip bar to grab lunch before visiting the bakery.  Ok, so maybe it wasn't hip, but these were some of the nicest people ever!  It was obvious that they don't get many families with young children but they sure did whatever they could to accommodate us.

For example: Owen got to drink his milk in this stylish cup, and the owner literally went to another store to purchase toys and bring them back for the kids.


Off to the bakery!


bahahaha!  Who's this guy?  I don't know but his expression makes me laugh.


Some sweet woman bought Owen a cookie while we were waiting.  Everyone was so friendly and helpful.  It was a blast!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love these! Kristen, your hair looks so pretty! Is Owen wearing Judah's old hat? I thought I recognized it ... I am always happy to hear when Americans are just as sweet to kids as Indians are. :)