The plan is to make Owen's baby food. Not because I am against buying baby food in a jar, but because I'm cheap. So, today was my first food, carrots. Let's just say it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. The following picture was not staged, it is truly what my counter looked like after about an hour of work.
First, I steamed a handful of carrots (to later figure out that I had not steamed long enough). I tried to blend them in the blender on the right that was broken. Then I tried to mash them through a strainer (not in picture), definitely no progress. After that, my last resort was a hand mixer. I mixed and mixed to no avail. Well, I decided to just cook up another batch and steam them til the cows came home. The cows did come, but they were carrying a nicely burnt pan that caused my whole house to smell. Well, I had one more option....call my in-laws to see if they would let me borrow their blender. Of course they were willing. We met in the afternoon to go for a nice long walk and I pull my car around to theirs afterwards to pick up the blender. And to my great surprise and delight they whip out of their backseat.......
THE NINJA!!!! Kenny and I have been eyeing up this Revolutionary Food and Drink Maker for weeks now after we fell in love with it during the commercial. My awesome in-laws remembered that we were thinking of buying one and beat us to it! I marched right home and pureed those carrots just like a pro. Wow, thanks Nina and Papa! Now I really will be able to "rule the kitchen".
2 comments:
When I saw the mixer on the counter I knew you were in trouble. Ahh... the Ninja! How Cool.
i like how it doesn't just chop things...it "transforms" them haha
i love you shari!
Post a Comment