waiting in anticipation
trying to grab the spoon with his hands
success
wiping his own mouth, how polite!
So, I asked my pediatrician, and I got the go ahead to try rice cereal with Owen. I am starting with giving it to him once a day, right before his 5:30pm nursing time. We started by putting Owen in the red seat. As you can see, it kind of swallowed him. It is so cute to see him from behind because all you can see is his little head peeping up above the back =) Thankfully, Papa and Nina were there to help hold Owen instead of using the seat. As far as success, Owen has had the cereal four times and has gotten better at it each time! The first time he didn't really make a face, or spit it out, or do much at all except eat it (grunting the whole time of course). The only thing he fusses about now is that I am not feeding it to him quick enough! This whole solid food thing is going to be quite an adventure. I may even make my own baby food once he starts eating more of a variety. I mean how hard can it be?
No comments:
Post a Comment