Monday, January 4, 2010

On the streets of DC





Wow, what a cute husband I have!

My parents brought me down a few days after Kenny had to be there so that I could spend a bit more time in PA. They spent the day with us in DC and they got to see Laura and the band play a few songs before they drove back home.



Laura Story Band (unfortunately minus Laura): Kirk (drummer), his wife Michelle, Stephen (bass player), his wife Christen, Martin (Laura's husband), Kenny, baby Owen


Kirk and Michelle

Kenny plays occasionally with Laura Story and her band. She is always very gracious to invite the wives to the shows (even out of town shows where we get to stay in hotels!). This trip was to DC and the band played at a conference for almost a week. I love being able to go see them play. For one reason, I just love getting to see Kenny use his talents in this way. For another reason, I am always blessed by Laura's songs and words of encouragement. Laura is so real and down-to-earth on stage, you just can't help but love her. I didn't get to hear them play much this trip because of Owen, but I still had a great time hanging out during the breaks!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Whoa. Cool new blog look! And great pics, sis. You are really rockin' the new camera. That one of Kenny is one of my all-time faves.

Lainie said...

So wonderful you got to be there with Kenny and Laura's band. They really are a great bunch!!!!!!!!!