Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I never thought I would

I never thought I would use this blog to write about something personal, that didn't involve a picture of Owen and our latest happenings with him. Today, however, I feel compelled to do so. Although, in a way, what I am about to say, does have everything to do with Owen. I must share with you about a recent provision from the Lord.

Kenny and I have had to trust the Lord in a new way financially since I quit my full-time job and started staying at home with Owen. With unexpected hospital bills and a lack of one income, we have had to learn how to be frugal in a different way. Coming back from almost two weeks of being away from home, I had a very large pile of mail to sift through. Long story short, I opened a card from an anonymous family with a very generous check in it, written out to us. Inside there were sweet words of encouragement, regarding this time we are walking through as we deal with Owen's surgery. I almost cried, well ok, I did later after the reality of what happened sunk in. No return address or signature at the bottom. No way to write a thank you note. What an amazing gift, straight from the Lord. I continue to be amazed at how He cares for us. I continue to be amazed at the body of Christ. And, I continue to be amazed at God's faithfulness to us in our times of need.

2 comments:

Jon Furst said...

Thanks for sharing this Shari.

kristin said...

and now I'm crying. Praise God! He is always good!